Friday, June 20, 2008

Crossing the Hudson

Crossing the Hudson on a bicycle seemed to be a dream come true for most of the people on my trip. For me (and my ever-present fear of heights) it was a little less thrilling. Especially since we would periodically ride past signs that said "Life is worth living," as if you needed reminding that yes, you would die if you fell from the bridge. Our ride today was pleasantly less hilly and less rainy than our previous rides, but as some of our leaders have warned us, we're only gearing up for the horrors that await us in PA. Other than the bridge, highlights of today's ride included getting lost and being cheered on by an entire elementary school, discovering that it is officially Vanilla Milkshake Day, and realizing that we don't actually get showers today, despite the 70 mile ride. Ick.
Oh, and quote of the day, courtesy of Jose, the most intense trip leader ever:
"Chuck Norris' computer doesn't have a ctrl key. Chuck Norris is always in control."
I suppose this was intended to be inspirational.
Will write from Pennsylvania!

3 comments:

Steve said...

Looks like a lot of hills between pt jervis and mt pocono. Good luck. What about the llamas?

Julie said...

You will be going by the part of the country that Uncle Jerry's family is from. He says that yes, there are a few hills headed your way, but you'll be fine! Keep eating that peanut butter. I'm wondering if I sent cookies your way for one of the drops if they would be any good by then. Maybe I'll try.

Julie said...

Ok. So Grandmommie wants you to call her/email her as to how she can get in touch with you and see you while you are in Bloomington. She told me to write you and tell you this. Email me if you need more info.